Ten “I’m a pathetic dirtbag” moments from the past week:
1. I haven’t climbed on real rock in eight days.
2. My nine-year-old daughter did a third of my endurance workout and she didn’t even look tired.
3. My new (used) car looks too nice and shiny.
4. I had to borrow a cell phone and use it twice.
5. I couldn’t finish a burrito on Saturday morning.
6. I played golf.
7. I played tennis.
8. I only climbed on my garage wall twice.
9. I wondered whether or not an old quesadilla I found had gone bad instead of just eating it right away.
10. I heard myself say, “I really need to work today.”