Seven (prime number) excuses for why I don’t improve as a climber:
1. I’m too short.
2. I don’t have naturally strong biceps.
3. I’ve never bought the best climbing gear or shoes.
4. My legs aren’t scrawny enough.
5. I sweat too much.
6. I pump easily.
7. I’m really bald for 33 (That sort of thing gets in your head).
Seven (prime number) TRUE reasons why I don’t improve as a climber:
1. I don’t work on my weakness (endurance).
2. I stick to what I’m good at (overhanging boulder routes).
3. I don’t climb on real rock nearly enough.
4. I don’t road trip to new locations on any regular basis.
5. I let too many things get in the way of climbing (biting my fingernails, checking my email, drinking coffee).
6. I live on routes that I have wired (and I mean really wired).
7. I worry about potential failure.