Because he is content to write great comments from the gallery, I thought I’d put him up front for once. Right on the stage. Front center. Quarterback…
This is an email I got from Jay Kinz two days ago:
I was watching the movie Cast Away. It got me thinking. Let’s say you had been stranded on a deserted island for over 4 years. You were then rescued and are on a plane back home to be reunited with your previous life. You have a laptop and an internet connection. What are your priorities for what you would look up first? Here are some of mine. I’m sure yours would be different…
1. Who is President? (It can be Sarah Palin right?)
2. Where is the stock market?
3. Who is number one in the world golf rankings?
4. How has my fantasy football team been doing with the exact same lineup for 4 years?
5. Where is Britney in her hot/not hot parabolic wave?
6. Is my email account still active?
7. Did they really go through with the remake of Red Dawn?
8. How many of the Gosselin kids are in prison or rehab?
9. Did Miley Cyrus finally go away?
10. Did OJ ever find the person that murdered Ron and Nicole?
11. Did the NCAA ever get rid of the BCS and go to a playoff system?
12. How many new records have Tupac and Biggie Smalls released?
13. Did Brett Favre finally retire?
14. Is Isaiah Thomas still gainfully employed?
Not sure why I bothered with this exercise. But, I knew you were probably the only one that might enjoy the random hypothetical situation.
Note (from PBH): I’m sure I’m not the only person who would enjoy this hypothetical situation. Comment back with your own list if you feel inclined.