Best dirtbag moments this week (and I was grateful for all of them):
1. The free reserved ticket to the Oregon football game against Arizona.
2. The strange dude who walked up at the game and handed me the rest of his basket of curly fries (it was nearly half-full – can you imagine?).
3. The speed climbing competition against my 9-year-old on Wednesday.
4. The speed climbing competition against my 5-year-old later on Wednesday.
5. Free hamburgers, chips, and beer at three tailgaters.
6. Duct tape held my ancient down jacket together after it ripped open. Plus the carrots, pizza, and corn chips were still in the pockets after spinning it around, taping it, and putting it back on.
7. When my 9-year-old daughter said, “Dad, honestly, if you held out a can and a cardboard sign, you would look like a homeless person, a real homeless person.”