There are so many reasons that I’m lame:
1. Addictive personality.
2. Obsessive compulsive (Is that the same thing?)
3. I procrastinate.
4. I over-think things.
5. I over-train.
6. Then I under-train.
7. Then I think too much about training.
8. And I waste time on the internet. Searching for….I usually forget what I started out looking for because I go one site to the next to the next because everything seems pretty cool to me but really isn’t but I can’t stop myself.
9. So I rarely discover anything of value.
10. But when I do, I spend way too much time thinking about it. Although I just discovered the book Why Zebra’s Don’t Get Ulcers, by Robert M. Sapolsky, and right now that seems pretty dang cool. Basically humans (which means me, heavily, heavily flawed me) can spend an incredible amount of time in stress mode.
Mostly it’s self-created stress, and then we worry and worry and worry and worry, even while we sleep, and we carry that worry around like carrying a heavy box on our shoulders, shifting it side to side.
But other animals can almost get killed – by, say, a lion – then fifteen seconds afterward go back to eating grass.
I would think about (and probably write about) that near death experience over and over, and make people listen to me as I recount the details, the length of the lion’s claws, his muscular structure, how my ears tingled as he brushed past me on my turn, how my hooves slipped a little in the dirt when I first started to run…
Because I, I am so important.
11. I think I’m too important.