This is a funny video. Not funny because I intended it to be funny, but funny for quite a few reasons:
1. I’m filthy and in the wild (on top of a huge boulder) when interviewed.
2. I am obsessed with the feel of Ponderosa pine needles (you can see them in both of my hands during the interview).
3. I struggle to answer questions.
4. The morning sun is striking directly into the backs of my eyes and at the moment am legally blind.
5. I really care about the subject matter (my new novel) but can’t articulate what I want to.
When I first watched this, I cringed. But then I thought, “Oh well, we can’t always look cool and intelligent in interviews.” I guess I have to be a real person: