Peter Brown Hoffmeister is a writer, rock climber, public speaker, outdoor expert, and former Nike athlete gear tester (soon to represent Ridgemont Outfitters). He lives in Eugene, Oregon with his wife Jennie and two daughters, and teaches at South Eugene High School: Literature, creative writing, outdoor pursuits, and survival.
His fiction collection, Loss, won the 2006 Oregon Literary Arts Fellowship, and his essay, “How to Break Up With Your Climbing Partner”, won the Rock and Ice National Bloggers’ Brawl.
His first book, The End of Boys, was released by Soft Skull, Spring 2011, earning a Goodreads Best Books of 2011 Selection. His second book, Let Them Be Eaten By Bears: A Fearless Guide to Taking Our Kids into the Great Outdoors was released by Perigee (Penguin Book Group) in May, 2013, and is being translated into Italian by the publisher RCS Libri/Rizzoli. Bears was also selected as one of Parents Magazine’s Top 5 Books of 2013. His first novel, Graphic the Valley, was released by Tyrus Books in July of 2013 and earned starred reviews from Booklist and Library Journal, featured reviews by The Wall Street Journal and Publishers Weekly.
Hoffmeister has appeared recently on:
– “The Jordan Rich Show” – CBS Radio, Boston, MA
– “Going Home,” KXYL, Dallas, TX
– “The Dean and Don Show,” ABC radio, Iowa
– “Good Parenting,” US/Canada
– “Rude Awakening,” WOCM, Baltimore
– “Coastal Daybreak,” WTKF, North Carolina
– “Tron In The Mornings,” Kona Coast Broadcasting, Colorado
– “Columbia Morning With David Lyle,” KFRU, Missouri
– “Central New York Saturday Morning News,” WSYR, New York
– “Kacey On The Radio,” WHUD, New York, New York
– “The Business of Wisdom,” Dr. Alvin Jones, Washington D.C./North Carolina
– “Penguin Tracks,” Radio For Teen Girls, KOPN, Missouri
– “Kentucky Focus,” Regional Radio, Kentucky
– “The Mitch Carr Show,” CBS Radio, Texas
– “Fox Radio Virginia,” Mike Schikman
– “The Mountain Life,” NPR, Utah
– “Field Notes,” Cincinatti, Ohio
– “Wisconsin On Air,” NPR, Wisconsin
To request speaking engagements, readings, or interviews, contact Adriann Ranta, Wolf Literary Services LLC, at email@example.com.
Hoffmeister is currently at work on his fourth book, a second novel.